1.And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

2. You've got to stop fighting change, you're just kicking against the pricks.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Response to Recent Comments

@Renee: I know what you're saying, and let me start by stating that the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.  BUT, when I say I'm smarter than someone because I know something that they don't, I'm not talking about something like "who was the prime minister of Latvia in 1874? or something; I mean common knowledge stuff, like how to spell simple words, who were the major 3 or 4 countries fighting in World War 2, the fact that the left lane on the highway is for those who wish to drive at at least the speed limit, when it is appropriate to use an apostrophe, etc . . . Its stuff you just learn if you pay a little attention and aren't self absorbed.  So I will say that I'm probably a moron, but I at least know that easy shit - so that makes me smarter that all these people who don't.  See, you underestimate me.  I know what the difference in intelligence and knowledge is.  I'm just smart enough to take it one step further.  Which brings me to your next question about culture:  This one is easy, I'm using a very simple basis to judge and it has nothing to do with subjective factors like you mentioned above.  I can look at a culture and if they do things (not DID things, so don't bring up history, I mean DO things) like hold a little girl down and cut off her clitoris and sometimes her outer labia with a filthy knife - I'm gonna go ahead and judge them as fucked up.  If you doubt how widespread this practice is, especially in the Middle East and Sub-Saharan Africa, ask anyone who has been there and spent a little time with the people.  One more example (I have hundreds) from the same regions: if in your culture rape is not only common, but when it happens its always the woman's fault and she gets killed for it - I feel comfortable, like Lazy-Boy recliner with my feet up comfortable, judging the fuck out of that culture.
Finally, please don't say "just so you know..."  Odds are, I KNOW.  I'm not much smarter than anybody else, for some reason I'm just cursed with the burden of PAYING ATTENTION.

1 comment:

  1. I believe my words were, "just sayin'" Not "just so ya know." And NO, it's not the same thing. As for the culture thing, now I understand where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete